Host a Goody Bag coloring event or letter writing event at your location. Family, School, and Corporate volunteers set aside just a few minutes to reflect on the memory of September 11th in the days leading up to the Anniversary. Participants come together to color or write letters for America’s First Responders and Troops. It’s simple…just return the colored bags and letters to our national headquarters in preparation for our large public packing events.
COMMIT TO COLOR INFORMATION PACKET
STEP 1: VOLUNTEER your Organization
- Present OGB “Commit to Color” challenge to your organization for approval and choose coloring event, letter writing event, or both.
- Arrange date & time for your “C2C” event to occur between 08/25 – 9/11/2014
- For A Coloring Event:
- Determine the number of Official Goody Bags needed.
- PLEASE NOTE: WE ONLY ACCEPT OFFICIAL ‘OPERATION GOODY BAG’ BAGS
- FREE local pickup and dropoff available at OGB Headquarters located inside Hackensack Supply, 545 Route 17 South, Paramus, NJ 07652 (behind Babies ‘R’ US). Headquarter hours: M-F 8am-5pm. Sat 9am-4pm. Closed Sundays
- Not local? Goody Bags will be shipped in boxed sets of 250 at a cost of $20 per box. To cover shipping and handling, please make a donation of $20/250 on our donation page. Payment must clear by 08/01/14 to ensure delivery in time for your event.
- For A Letter Writing Event:
- Print out the Letter Template of your choice from the information packet download and copy for your number of participants.
- For All events, please complete the Pledge Form in the information packet download and fax to Operation Goody Bag at 201-391-6880.
- You will receive email confirmation when your Pledge Form and Donation (if applicable) has been processed.
STEP 2: PREPARE for your event
- Distribute the Event Directions to team leaders/groups.
- Distribute the blank Official Goody Bags and / or Letter Templates to team leaders / groups.
STEP 3: MANAGE the day
- Follow Event Directions.
- Distribute blank Official Goody Bags and / or Letter Templates to participants
- Color! Write Letters! Have fun and collect completed Goody Bags and / or Letters.
STEP 4: RETURN the Goody Bags
- Fill out Project Completion Report.
- Return your colored Goody Bag and written Letters in separate boxes. When returning include 1 Project Completion Report INSIDE each box. (For example: 1 Box of Letters and 2 boxes of Goody Bags to ship to OGB? 3 copies of the Project Completion Reports needed, 1 in each box)
- All Letters and Goody Bags should be mailed to or dropped off at OGB Headquarters during store hours by October 1, 2014. Please address as follows: Hackensack Supply Attn: Operation Goody Bag 545 Route 17 South, Paramus, NJ 07652.
DOWNLOAD THE COMMIT TO COLOR INFORMATION PACKET & COMPLETE A PLEDGE FORM. COMMIT TO COLOR TODAY!